Question My Ethernet is having issues

Feb 9, 2020
I have been using Ethernet cable to my gaming PC for a while now and all of a sudden I am getting terrible latency in rocket league. When I go to fast.com and test my speeds there with Ethernet plugged in I get 140 kbps but my roommate also has a gaming PC that is right behind mine connected to the same switch for our internet but he gets 110 mbps through fast.com.

None of what I have done to fix this issue has worked. I have restarted my router, changed Ethernet cables, tried my WiFi adapter, tried disabling port forwarding on my router, Tried updating my drivers for my Ethernet port on my motherboard, changed my Ethernet cable to a cat6 cable, tested connections on my other devices like laptops and phones but I keep getting nothing that fixes my issue.

I don't know if it is rocket leagues servers but I know that my friend over seas right now has worse internet that I do and he has better ping in rocket league than I do and the same goes to the other players in the matches have been ping. I don't know what could be going on with my speeds on my computer and I really am getting desperate for answers. If any of this makes sense please let me know before I lose my mind.

Ralston18

Titan
This: " my roommate also has a gaming PC that is right behind mine connected to the same switch for our internet ".

So your physical network connectivity is something like the following line diagram:

----> indicating an Ethernet cable.

ISP ---coax, DSL---> Modem--->Router----> Switch ----Ethernet cables----> to your PC and your roommate's PC - correct?

Edit and correct the line diagram as necessary.

Make and model information for modem, router, or modem/router if a combination device.