[SOLVED] My Excel is being slow

lakshminandankarri

Prominent
Jan 12, 2021
Hello Experts,

I am facing some problems with my Excel file. I am a Stock Market Analysist, I extract live data from a terminal to my own customized excel. For a month it worked super fine, but after that i am facing problems, the data is not updating and it is been very slow, What is the cause?

My PC Specs:
i3 - 7100 processor
ECS Mother board
8 GB RAM

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Yeah ofcourse since i am going to buy new PC
Many people are building a PC and try to reuse the OS disk. If you are buying a prebuilt you don't have that problem. You do still want to be sure to have the 64 bit version of Excel.
If you are trying to reduce the cost of the new PC, a 5800X would still be a BIG step up from your i3.
For 64GB RAM, get 2x32GB rather than 4x16GB. Ryzen CPUs perform best with two memory sticks.

lakshminandankarri

Prominent
Jan 12, 2021
Yeah, I am advised to upgrade my PC

So, what i am planning is:
  1. AMD 5900X Processor
  2. 64 GB RAM
  3. 1 TB SSD
  4. Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard
  5. Aorus Radeon™ Rx570 4g GPU

I am going with this since i want to setup Multi-Monitor Setup ( 6 Monitors )

What do you say Expert?

kanewolf

Titan
Yeah, I am advised to upgrade my PC

So, what i am planning is:
  1. AMD 5900X Processor
  2. 64 GB RAM
  3. 1 TB SSD
  4. Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Motherboard
  5. Aorus Radeon™ Rx570 4g GPU
I am going with this since i want to setup Multi-Monitor Setup ( 6 Monitors )

What do you say Expert?
If you do upgrade, remember that you need to do a clean OS install because of the motherboard change. You can't expect your existing C: drive to boot. And you need to ensure you are running the 64 bit version of Excel to utilize the RAM.

lakshminandankarri

Prominent
Jan 12, 2021
Hello Experts,

I am facing some problems with my Excel file. I am a Stock Market Analysist, I extract live data from a terminal to my own customized excel. For a month it worked super fine, but after that i am facing problems, the data is not updating and it is been very slow, What is the cause?

My PC Specs:
i3 - 7100 processor
ECS Mother board
8 GB RAM

Thank you in advance.
But i want to know the problem, because it worked very well for a month and after that it started troubling. What may be the cause Experts?

lakshminandankarri

Prominent
Jan 12, 2021
not enough info. we have no access to what data you are looking at.

did you malware scan the system? reboot to a fresh start? not running anything but excel?
I am extracting Live Market feed from Sharekhan Application.
Yes, I did scan but nothing found.
Yeah, rebooted two times but not solved.
I am facing major problem with excel itself.

kanewolf

Titan
Yeah ofcourse since i am going to buy new PC
Many people are building a PC and try to reuse the OS disk. If you are buying a prebuilt you don't have that problem. You do still want to be sure to have the 64 bit version of Excel.
If you are trying to reduce the cost of the new PC, a 5800X would still be a BIG step up from your i3.
For 64GB RAM, get 2x32GB rather than 4x16GB. Ryzen CPUs perform best with two memory sticks.

Reactions: Krotow
Solution

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
Hello Experts,

How big is the Excel file?
Are you accumulating all the data into a single file?
Have you tried starting from the beginning with an empty file to see if the DDE script will still run and download data?