Question My fan and argb hub uses a PCIE cable???

Chrisvro

Reputable
Dec 4, 2019
Hey guys, my Asus mobo came with a fan and argb hub. The thing is, the cable it comes with is a 6 pin PCIE cable, well it’s the same layout anyway. Is it safe to plug this into the PCIE port on the PSU and power it from there? I’m thinking as PCIE uses 12 v, fans use 12 v it should be safe? I’m assuming the hub has a built in downstepper for the 5v argb. This won’t blow up the hub, fans or my argbs right? And before you all say “read the manual”, there is absolutely nothing on the manual that says what psu port to use.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hey guys, my Asus mobo came with a fan and argb hub. The thing is, the cable it comes with is a 6 pin PCIE cable, well it’s the same layout anyway. Is it safe to plug this into the PCIE port on the PSU and power it from there? I’m thinking as PCIE uses 12 v, fans use 12 v it should be safe? I’m assuming the hub has a built in downstepper for the 5v argb. This won’t blow up the hub, fans or my argbs right? And before you all say “read the manual”, there is absolutely nothing on the manual that says what psu port to use.
Need more information what exactly do you have, post a link.

In general no because different power supplies can have different pin outs.