[SOLVED] my fans run full speed

Nov 30, 2021
I have my fans set to quiet but recently when I turn on my pc they run at full speed for a few minutes then they go b ack to quiet mode what could be the problem?

Solution
Well, I think this is a USB 2.0 issue, where perhaps a BIOS setting isn't allowing full UEFI USB operation until Windows has fully loaded (My old NZXT Grid+v2 which used USB 2.0 for control also did this after some updates and then it didn't after others) or it's a Lian Li software bug for it's control software. I'd check to see if there are any firmware or software updates for the fan controller.
What are you exact hardware specs including motherboard model, CPU, CPU cooler, case, case fan model(s), case fan population locations, whether a fan hub is in use, GPU model, etc?

Are you certain that it's "a few minutes" and not more like a few seconds? Do the fans slow back down as soon as you clear POST and begin to boot into Windows?

Did they work normally all the time before and only suddenly begin acting different or have they acted this way for the entire time you've had the fans set to quiet mode?

Nov 30, 2021
aorus x570 elite WIFI
Amd Ryzen 9 3900X
LIAN LI AIO
LIAN LI o11 dynamic
Case fans: lian li uni fans 2 sets of 3
set on the bottom and the back side both are intake and the aio fans are on top putting the air out
I am using the lian li fan hub
Rtx 3060
yes im sure its a few minutes its on on off sometimes
they just started acting strangely

Is yours the Uni-Hub SL controller?

Do you have the fan header the hub is connected to set to voltage (DC mode) or PWM mode in the BIOS?

Is there any chance that you've updated (Or it automatically updated) the Lian Li software between when it worked normally and started the new behavior? I used to see problems like this all the time, random and varied problems, with the NZXT fan controller and CAM software, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the result of a bug in the software or firmware, if you've updated the firmware on it. If you haven't, and if it HAS firmware that can be updated, you might check into that as well.

Nov 30, 2021
no i have a normal lian li fan hub and not sure about the power mode but its connected to my power supply and i don't know if the lian li had an update.

Did the fan hub come with the fans or the case, or did you buy it separately. Would really help to know the model of the fan hub, exactly, if it isn't the one that came with the fans or with the case.

If it came with the fans, exactly which kit did you buy? Did you buy a three fan kit, which came with a controller, or did you buy all these Uni fans individually. Kind of might make a difference in trying to figure out why it's doing this.

Well, I think this is a USB 2.0 issue, where perhaps a BIOS setting isn't allowing full UEFI USB operation until Windows has fully loaded (My old NZXT Grid+v2 which used USB 2.0 for control also did this after some updates and then it didn't after others) or it's a Lian Li software bug for it's control software. I'd check to see if there are any firmware or software updates for the fan controller.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS