AverageCheapskate79

Commendable
Apr 30, 2021
So I built my son his first gaming desktop of course we did it on a budget so most of the components for about through eBay however most of them are new. I got the rosewill d100 ATX gaming with the four RGB 120 mm fans with lights the motherboard is the tomahawk b550 and the GPU is the AMD 5700 XT. The RAM is A-DATA XPG 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 DIMM PC4-25600 3200MHZ and the CPU is the AMD 4700. So I've been buying the parts slowly over the last few months and his birthday is a week before Christmas so for Christmas I let him pick out which ram he wanted and when it got here we installed everything over the next few weeks and everything including the lights on the motherboard the fans even the RGB RAM worked beautifully however there were issues with some software including windows 10 and 11 but after I got the software figured out I don't know if he or I missed into the configuration in BIOS or if a wire came loose or what but I have troubleshooted and troubleshooted and I can't find the cause everything works except for three strange things. The fans for the tower work just fine but they're superb keep it nice and cool but the lights don't work that in itself is not weird but all of a sudden the fans on the GPU are not coming on when it starts when the computer starts. I've tested it with GPUZ and they fans do come on when it reaches a temperature so that makes me think that it's a setting or something internally is failing or starting to fail. And the RGB on the RAM is never in sync almost like the voltage is different for one out of the four sticks. But through BIOS and other means I've tested the voltage and they are all the same and other than the lights being strange they work beautifully. I'm really tired from working on it all night so if you guys have any more questions to help me figure this out I would truly appreciate it or if you have dealt with this before and can help me immediately that would be heaven sent. We are currently running Windows 10 22H2 and yeah I did download the driver from AMD for the GPU along with the adrenaline and it's working beautifully no issues there I tested it on user benchmark a couple weeks ago and it came out all around 95 to 98% making it a I believe they called it a battleship but just yesterday I tested it again and it was significantly lower I've just been so frustrated I can't work on it for more than half an hour anymore without wanting to just throw it out the window so any help would be appreciated thank you so much guys.

but all of a sudden the fans on the GPU are not coming on when it starts when the computer starts
thats normal

And the RGB on the RAM is never in sync almost like the voltage is different for one out of the four sticks
this is also normal, they run their preconfigured lights in what may look like out of sync pattern, as they are separate devices, but to have it in sync, they need to be controlled through software

a-data doesnt seems to have RGB control sofware, but msi lights app (from mainboard) should pick it up

all of a sudden the fans on the GPU are not coming on when it starts when the computer starts.
It's not a bug. It's a feature.
Different GPU manufacturers call it differently. For example Asus calls it 0dB technology.
And the RGB on the RAM is never in sync almost like the voltage is different for one out of the four sticks.
You have to configure RGB with appropriate software.

AverageCheapskate79

Commendable
Apr 30, 2021
Yeah you're right about the board having control of the lights on the room it's adjustable in BIOS however no matter how I try to set it and there are many many ways to have it flashing and doing all sorts of stuff there's one stick that just doesn't stay in line with the others, without obvious cause. But when a program is controlling it it does seem to work just fine it's when it's just sitting on the motherboard that it's obvious that one of them is just off a little bit. I'm glad to know that the fans not turning on immediately on the GPU is normal I kind of thought it was because all the readouts I got for the temperatures were normal and the case is literally filled with holes and it's got those four giant fans in there blowing on the GPU already so I figured it was going to be okay but I just wanted to make sure. And I was looking at roseville's website they use a cheap Corsair hub for the RGB fans but I saw some adapters on there that will plug into a USB 3 on the motherboard I would just have to rewire it a little bit so I think that takes care of everything I just need to learn how to use AMD's BIOS. Damn thank you so much I do that sometimes I get into my own head and I question myself and then I'm making more mistakes than ever