My first impressions of Windows 7

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

dont go to win7 or 8 or 9 just stick with winxp allot better all your programs and games works fine so there is no need to get other op system
we dont need the little mor speed or the other silly changes
dont let MS grabs yout money

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
i'm going to put the 64 bit version on a system i'm building next week.

from all the earlier screens though, i was wondering what the difference from vista is. Surely w\ all the vista whiners a new OS won't stop them from whining

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

rodney,

Have no idea how it affects overclocking of GPU, but I noticed I could overclock my 8800 GT higher without crashes. So, take it for what it's worth.

On another note, my laptop now gets around 2:30-2:45 battery life, with 3:00 possible if I really crank down the brightness and put it in max power saving mode. With Vista, it only managed 1:50-2:00, with 2:20 possible with max power savings.

randomizer

Champion
dont go to win7 or 8 or 9 just stick with winxp allot better all your programs and games works fine so there is no need to get other op system
we dont need the little mor speed or the other silly changes
dont let MS grabs yout money
I got Vista, and will get Win 7 through MSDN AA. The last M$ product I bought after XP Home was Office 2007 Ultimate, which I got through the Aussie version of The Ultimate Steal (therefore $75).

The laptop I last used lasted one hour with the wireless on, and it used XP :( Stupid Celeron Ms.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Damn... You mean Dick Smith over-charged me for my Office? Cost $99 for my academic version.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

My version is the pro as well. All DSE needed to see was my MSDN developer's card. Maybe I should take one course a semester at my local TAFE to get all of these better deals...

I read the fine print on the MSDN version's EULA, and at that time if my subscription lapsed so did my rights to use my copy of Vista. I had already planned to holiday in Hawaii, so just picked up a copy of Ultimate while I was there. Saved me something like 250 AUD at the time....

randomizer

Champion

Mine lapses when I no longer to IT subjects. Oh well, as they in Pirates of the Caribbean, "Take what you can, give nothing back!" :ange:

Status
Not open for further replies.