[SOLVED] My First PC Build, how'd I do?

Apr 21, 2021
Please keep it to 1 thread
Budget (including currency): Rs.1,30,000(inr)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:
Games- Lots of games. I wanna be able to play most of the AAA titles for at-least the next 1-2 years, I also will be playing a lot of RainbowSixSeige, Valorant, COD, etc. Also i really want it to be a decent VR capable system.
Programs- I will also be using the pc for programs(3D rendering, editing, etc) such as Unity, Blender, Adobe, etc. I will also be doing some light streaming and recording

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Existing Part List: (PC-Partpicker Link - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2GkrQD)

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard- MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II ATX AM4 Motherboard

RAM- Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage- Crucial P1 3D NAND NVMe PCLe M2 SSD

GraphicsCard- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB OC Video Card

Case- Fractal Design FD-CA-MESH-C

PowerSupply--Antec High Current Gamer Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I hope to be able to game at 1440p(or)1080p res and 50-60+(or)100+ fps on most of the titles, and also a good VR experience

My budge is not strictly Rs.1,30,000 I can go a bit higher if its worth it , but I'd really prefer not to as Ive got a bunch of peripherals such as fans, monitors(I'm going dual), keyboard, etc and also a bunch of extra such as A Nintendo switch, Occulus Quest 2, etc

Please remember I'm from India, the prices here are not pretty(to say the least). For example, the same Build costs around 1200-1300$(These GPU's are giving me a heart-attack) while in india it goes all the way upto 1720$(Rs.1,30,000), I've also read around that a 1080 is better than 2060 but the 1080 in India is around Rs1,00,000 which is basically my budget(LOL) while the 2060 is Rs.55,000. Where I am at, amazon is really the only option, so please recommend those available on amazon.in if you could.

To summarize- I could go above the budget if worth it(Price and performance wise)

I'm planning on buying this around August

Thank you all for you're help

UPDATE:

After lots of forum posts and the vast majority of kind people pointing out that I went overkill with the ssd and could do better on psu, made a couple of changes.

So after googling a bit, I found that a 3060(NOT 3060ti-this costs literally my budget) is not that much more than the 2060 (about Rs. 20k more), is it worth the upgrade?? Or do I stick with the 2060 and upgrade like a couple years later?? And if It is worth it, what sort of cooling am I looking at, I currently have 5 fans in the case and a stock cooler for cpu, is this enough for a 3060 or do I need more??

Last edited:
Solution
I would also argue that the 980 pro is overkill. You cannot take full advantage of the drive, with B450. The CX 750 is kinda meh, quality wise. They are on the same platform, as the earlier orange labeled models, with a bit better caps, iirc.
Looks solid.

The Samsung 980 Pro is arguably overkill. Depending on what the price of a 970 Evo or Evo Plus, you might be able to do a bit better on the PSU quality.

Not much you can do about GPU prices. You're gonna get screwed over no matter what in that respect.

The GTX1080 will be about....20% faster than a RTX2060 (non-super). GTX1080 = RTX2070 basically

Apr 21, 2021
Looks solid.

The Samsung 980 Pro is arguably overkill. Depending on what the price of a 970 Evo or Evo Plus, you might be able to do a bit better on the PSU quality.

Not much you can do about GPU prices. You're gonna get screwed over no matter what in that respect.

The GTX1080 will be about....20% faster than a RTX2060 (non-super). GTX1080 = RTX2070 basically
Thanks for the tip, much appreciated. I'll see if I can get a better power supply in that case. What would be a better psu to look into ?

logainofhades

Titan
I would also argue that the 980 pro is overkill. You cannot take full advantage of the drive, with B450. The CX 750 is kinda meh, quality wise. They are on the same platform, as the earlier orange labeled models, with a bit better caps, iirc.

Solution
Apr 21, 2021
I see, Thanks for the tip, could you recommend a psu range(Quality and wattage) i should try for

Apr 21, 2021
Budget (including currency): Rs.1,40,000(inr)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:
Games-
Lots of games. I wanna be able to play most of the AAA titles for at-least the next 1-2 years, I also will be playing a lot of RainbowSixSeige, Valorant, COD, etc. Also i really want it to be a decent VR capable system.
Programs- I will also be using the pc for programs(3D rendering, editing, etc) such as Unity, Blender, Adobe, etc. I will also be doing some light streaming and recording

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Existing Part List:

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard- MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II ATX AM4 Motherboard

RAM- Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage- Crucial P1 3D NAND NVMe PCLe M2 SSD

GraphicsCard- GIGABYTE Nvidia GeForce RTX™ 3060 Gaming OC 12GB GDDR6 Graphics Card (GV-N3060GAMING OC-12GD)

Case- Fractal Design FD-CA-MESH-C

PowerSupply- Antec High Current Gamer Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I hope to be able to game at 1440p(or)1080p res and 50-60+(or)100+ fps on most of the titles, and also a good VR experience

So, I initially kept a 2060 in this build cause all the stuff I've read or googled were like go for a 2060 or(if I could spend it) 1080ti or 3060ti. But unfortunately both these cards were basically costing the same as my build(about Rs.120000) so I had to go with the 2060.But after a while I found that a 3060 was just bit more than the 2060(about Rs.20000) and so I decided to go with the 3060, luckily(relatively speaking, just gonna turn a blind eye to what this build should have actually costed) it fit quite nicely into my total budget including peripherals and other stuff which I listed below:

Peripherals:

Dual Monitors- (secondary)1-BenQ 54.6 (21.5-inch) LED Backlit Computer Monitor, Full HD, Borderless, IPS Monitor, Brightness Intelligence Technology, Adaptive Eye Care Technology, Dual HDMI and in-Built Speakers - GW2283 (Black)

(main)2-Acer Nitro 27-inch (68.58 cm) IPS Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1440 Resolution - 400 Nits - 2W x 2 Speakers - VG271U (Black)

Computer Stand- Rife Free Standing Height Adjustable Dual Monitor Mount for 2 Arm 13 to 32 Inch LCD Screens with Swivel and Tilt (Black)

Keyboard -HP K300 Gaming Keyboard (4QM95AA)

Mouse -Redragon Gainer M610 Wired USB Gaming Mouse 3200 DPI/LED Lighting for Windows/Mac PC (Black)

Pad -WAR HAMMER GX1050 Speed Type Gaming Mousepad (XL, Black/Red)

Fan -upHere 3-Pin Red LED Case Fan Ultra Quiet High Airflow 120mm Fan for Computer Cases Cooling, 3 Pack(R12CM3-3)

Camera -Logitech C270 HD Webcam, HD 720p/30fps, Widescreen HD Video Calling, HD Light Correction, Noise-Reducing Mic

Speaker -ZEBRONICS Zeb-Warrior II 2.0 Speaker for PC, Laptops, Desktop with RGB Lights, USB Powered, AUX Input, Volume Control Pod

Extra - DAHSHA 4 Pin PWM Splitter Cable Female to 3/4 Pin Adapter Sleeved Splitter PC Fan Power Extension Cable (1 to 3 Way 26cm) (I don't really know what this does, I assume it takes 3 fan points and converts it into one I guess, idk)

Other Stuff:

VR - Oculus Quest 2 — Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset (64GB)

Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Switch with neon red and neon blue Joy‑Con - Version 2 - HAC-001(-01)

Phone - Asus ROG 5 or One Plus 9 (Both are bout the same cost, Rs.50000)

So, my entire budget comes to Rs.300000(around $4000), I really will not be able to go above this. So, I have a couple of questions regarding the build.

Note- Please keep in mind that I'm from India, the PC prices are not pretty here(to say the least). Because where I live, the only option I have is amazon.in , so please recommend parts only available on here.

Questions:

1)
If I sacrifice my need to play Mario(Nintendo switch) and get a GPU, which one should I get and would it be worth(like, would it actually make a difference)?

2)Is my CPU gonna bottleneck my GPU?

3)Is my cooling enough or do I need to do more ?( I currently have 5 fans in the planned case)

4)Is there a better a way to choose the monitors or am I stuck with these ?( Cause I want to be able to game at 1440p but buying two 1440p monitors would be too much)

5)Do I need any other peripherals for my pc ?

6)Thank you for you're help

Finally, yes I understand that I'm basically throwing away money with the current GPU prices, but due to circumstances my only window to buy these is this august.(Hoping it comes down a bit by august)

I'm planning on buying this around August

Thank you all for you're help