[SOLVED] My first PC build, not 100% sure about the components ?

Hi guys!

I want to build my first PC.

I need a PC to play in full HD at ultra settings or in 2K at medium-high settings, both wide or ultrawide screen (my monitor: HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch Standard Edition – HUAWEI Global ).

After a few days of research and information, I chose these components:

CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-12600KF Processor

Motherboard
Z690 UD DDR4 (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

GPU
Overview GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8G | MSI USA

RAM
VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18 Memory Kit — Black (corsair.com)

Cooling
Freezer i35 ARGB | ACFRE00104A | ARCTIC

Power Supply (PSU)
Here i have two choices
-1st choice: V750 Gold V2 750W Semi-Fanless Full-Modular Power Supply | Cooler Master
-2nd choice: RM Series™ RM850 — 850 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU (corsair.com)

SSD
980 PCIe® 3.0 NVMe® Gaming SSD 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V8V1T0B/AM | Samsung US

CASE

MAG FORGE 100R | Gaming Case | The Most Innovative, Sophisticated and Customizable Gaming Chassis (msi.com)

For the amount I have to spend these components are perfect.

Now i'm checking compatibility and everything seems to be compatible,
i'm also checking if there's enough space in the case.

I'm here to ask you (you probably know more than me) if everything is compatible and if you have any suggestions for me.

What do you think of this build? :D

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Why_Me
Hi guys!

I want to build my first PC.

I need a PC to play in full HD at ultra settings or in 2K at medium-high settings, both wide or ultrawide screen (my monitor: HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch Standard Edition – HUAWEI Global ).

After a few days of research and information, I chose these components:

CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-12600KF Processor

Motherboard
Z690 UD DDR4 (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

GPU
Overview GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8G | MSI USA

RAM
VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18 Memory Kit — Black (corsair.com)

Cooling
Freezer i35 ARGB | ACFRE00104A | ARCTIC

Power Supply (PSU)
Here i have two choices
-1st choice: V750 Gold V2 750W Semi-Fanless Full-Modular Power Supply | Cooler Master
-2nd choice: RM Series™ RM850 — 850 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU (corsair.com)

SSD
980 PCIe® 3.0 NVMe® Gaming SSD 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V8V1T0B/AM | Samsung US

CASE

MAG FORGE 100R | Gaming Case | The Most Innovative, Sophisticated and Customizable Gaming Chassis (msi.com)

For the amount I have to spend these components are perfect.

Now i'm checking compatibility and everything seems to be compatible,
i'm also checking if there's enough space in the case.

I'm here to ask you (you probably know more than me) if everything is compatible and if you have any suggestions for me.

What do you think of this build? :D

Thank you in advance!
Do some reading about the samsung 970 evo/evo plus.
Compare it to the 980.

I,m not into oc'ing so i'd op for the 12700 but that's your call.

Do some reading about the samsung 970 evo/evo plus.
Compare it to the 980.

I,m not into oc'ing so i'd op for the 12700 but that's your call.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I saw some benchmarks and the 970 evo plus is slightly better than the 980 and the price difference is irrelevant so I will take the 970 evo plus. :)

For the processor I will stay on the 12600KF.

I forgot to mention that it is a pc that will probably be upgraded in the future.

850w psu and I'd look for a dual fan cpu cooler.

I don't want to change too much of my build (so i'd like to stay on Arctic for the cooler, people talks really well about them products) but i also want to follow your suggestion so i think this Freezer 50 | Multi Compatible Dual Tower CPU Cooler with A-RGB | ARCTIC LGA1700 compatible can fit my configuration very well.

I also found a new case, MPG GUNGNIR 110R (msi.com), it's slightly larger and the max CPU cooler height is 6.69 inch, for the case that i linked above the max CPU cooler height was 6.3 inch, not enough for any dual fan cooler i found. I don't like that this case doesn't have the argb controller like the one linked above but I'll make up my mind.

If you have any suggestions for a good case let me know, i'll stay on brands like cooler master, corsair, msi. (100$-150$)

I don't want to change too much of my build (so i'd like to stay on Arctic for the cooler, people talks really well about them products) but i also want to follow your suggestion so i think this Freezer 50 | Multi Compatible Dual Tower CPU Cooler with A-RGB | ARCTIC LGA1700 compatible can fit my configuration very well.

I also found a new case, MPG GUNGNIR 110R (msi.com), it's slightly larger and the max CPU cooler height is 6.69 inch, for the case that i linked above the max CPU cooler height was 6.3 inch, not enough for any dual fan cooler i found. I don't like that this case doesn't have the argb controller like the one linked above but I'll make up my mind.

If you have any suggestions for a good case let me know, i'll stay on brands like cooler master, corsair, msi. (100$-150$)
I'd look for a case with a mesh front panel so that you have decent airflow. btw what country are you located?

Solution

That's good and cheap, i also found Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh White - Case PC ARGB in Bianco con Rete Mesh Poligonale, 3 x 120mm Ventole Preinstallate, Panello Laterale Vetro, Configurazioni Flessibili Air Flow -Colore Bianco : Amazon.it: Giochi e giocattoli but it's more expensive

So the only things we discussed are PSU, cooler and case, I guess everything is ok for the other components, I think when i have made a choice for the case I'll make the order. Maybe I'll post a photo of the assembled pc to thank you all for answering me ;)