I have assembled a gaming pc with the following components:

Intel Core i9-12900KS 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor
MSI PRO Z690-A ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory
Crucial P2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
NVIDIA Founders Edition GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB Video Card
Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair RM850 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

When I first turned my machine on, my motherboard was stuck in the "boot green light" error, so I updated the BIOS using flash button + Thumb drive. After that, using DEL key, I can get into the BIOS.

I installed the Win 10 OS using a thumb drive. Now, initially, as long as the thumb drive is inserted (after installation), I was able to log in to my OS, able to restart or shutdown and boot back into Windows without any problem. But when I remove my OS installation thumb drive, I am not able to boot into my OS anymore. Even if I put the OS thumb drive back, I am not booting into my OS anymore. I get stuck in the blank/MSI screen.

I tried removing my M2 SSD and putting it back but it didn't help.

Image 1

Image 2

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
See if you can change boot mode to legacy + UEFI from just UEFI. If the drive you use to install windows uses the MBR partition style it will automatically set the SSD in MBR partitions and that is incompatible with UEFI operation. If that's the case, reinstall windows and when you get in just google "MBR to GPT" for instructions on how to change the partition style of the SSD. Though i don't know if it would run the installer at all with just UEFI and a MBR stick

TRENDING THREADS