my FM2-A85XA-G43 mother board broke and need help for a replacement

rocklee336

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
i have and FM2-A85XA-G43 motherboard and it is currently failing, I am looking to replace it but most FM2+ motherboards are discontinued or mATX or way over priced. Can the FM2+ cpu fit any architecture type motherboard? Thanks

Solution
No, it can't. It's an old architecture, and what new parts are available tend to be more expensive than the limited performance would justify.

What is the CPU you were using? What sort of budget do you have? It may be practical, albeit NOT cost-efficient, to get a new MB for it, but honestly, going to a newer overall system architecture would be better, and can be done relatively inexpensively.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
No, it can't. It's an old architecture, and what new parts are available tend to be more expensive than the limited performance would justify.

What is the CPU you were using? What sort of budget do you have? It may be practical, albeit NOT cost-efficient, to get a new MB for it, but honestly, going to a newer overall system architecture would be better, and can be done relatively inexpensively.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I mean, do you absolutely need an ATX motherboard? MicroATX boards stick around the longest because they are the most common size of motherboard found in consumer off the shelf PCs. They are dirt cheap.

Otherwise grabbing a B350 motherboard, an low end Ryzen chip, and some DDR4 memory is going to be a few hundred total, but certainly a worthwhile upgrade.

Depending on what you are using it for, it might be an amazing improvement.