My FPS is acting up, please help

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
Here is my PC part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/itsdavvvid1231/saved/LN4RsY

In my other post I talked about how I wasn't getting the FPS that I want which is 1144hz. This happens with all my games but I'll choose BF1 for now. Whenever I play BF1 the only time I would reach 144hz is during the loading screen before I enter a game. When I enter a game or match, my FPS would dip down to more then half my FPS like 70 but sticks mostly at 75. The things I tried to fix this problem so far were::

- Restart multiple times my PC
- Used Norton's Quick Scan/ Power Eraser
- Checked to see if my PC is dusty(barely any dust)
- Used software to check my internal PC components such as "Open Hardware Monitor"
( My CPU hits 20 degree Celsius even when my gameplay is as low as 20 FPS. The CPU's
temp is good and also my GPU, it's at 36 degree celsius.)
- Lowered my graphics to the lowest setting and STILL get the same results with 75 or lower FPS.

All the above was done but nothing fixed my problem.I was wondering if I could go to a PC store like Best Buy or Microcenter to get this checked
out or anything. So far my PC seems to be working fine by the internal software I used and
Norton scans but I still get low FPS. I don't know if my GPU or CPU are damaged internally or something else. I feel though that my PC is still
new because I built my PC last year. If anyone could help me and give suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Battlefield One is a demanding game, and battlefield games tend to be even more demanding in multiplayer. As such, you shouldn't expect to get 144fps. Perhaps overclocking your CPU might help a bit if you're not doing so already, but it's probably unreasonable to expect 144fps at 1440p in all games that come out.

It seems a bit unlikely that your CPU would be at 20C even when your system is at idle, let alone in a game. The GPU temperature also sounds like what might be expected when it's at idle. Are you sure those are the temperature while you're gaming? Perhaps try using something like MSI Afterburner to graph the temperatures out, so you can see what they actually are while you're running the game.

Masoner

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
How about your Windows Power Settings? have you checked to see if it's on High Performance or Balanced?

Out of curiosity did you set your refresh rate in Windows to 144hrz? cause if you don't it will be like 60 or 75. Also make sure that in game in the video menu you have your resolution set to same as display and that (if it's there) set to 144.

Edit:

Also you do have the latest Nvidia drivers installed?

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

Actually, yeah I did change my power settings recently from Balanced to Power Saver. I changed it back to Balanced. It kind of helped but im not getting near 144hz. I used to always get near 144hz before. After changing the power settings, Im getting over 75 fps but its like jumping back and forth between number from 80 - 100. The weird part is that when I die in BF1 multiplayer and go to the spawn screen, its high FPS like i'd see over 100 fps but then when I spawn back into the game and play, I get below 100 fps.

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

Here's my temperatures during when I play BF1 multiplayer. As soon as I get low fps I alt tabbed out of the game and checked my temps. Here's the results:
Capture.png
[/URL][/img]

I used to actually get near 144hz before. Not on 144hz but like in the range of 130. Now, my fps is just jumping all over the place between 80-100 fps. When im in action during a BF1 multiplayer session it goes to like 80 fps but when im standing still or im in the loading screen of spawn screen. Its at high fps or at 144hz exactly. Its weird