[SOLVED] My FPS is low while my computer has pretty decent specs.

ArcadeBMO

Reputable
Feb 12, 2019
All of my other friends hit an eye-catching 200-300 FPS while gaming, but I get around 40-50. The only frustrating part is that my PC specs are either better or leveled with theirs.

My PC Specs:

GeForce GTX 1080
32 GB Ram
Intel Core i7-6700K CPU 4.0 GHz
Windows 10

If anyone knows a solution, please help me out. Thank you.

P.S: My graphics driver is up-to-date.

Solution
Got the exact setup gtx1080 6700K overclocked mildly... and I was hovering just at 120 ish in Apex. and unless you see and verify their frames, and their graphical settings I can would not trust someone to boast having 300 frames in APEX

timster6442

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
What games or program are you experiencing low frame rates with? Often computers have something called V-Sync, which your monitor might be using. that caps the max frame rate to the refresh rate usually around 60. You can disable v-sync to exceed it and then see if that works but you will notice tearing. Additionally games might cap FPS at 60 too. Check game settings.

ArcadeBMO

Reputable
Feb 12, 2019
I experience low frames in many games that I should be running smoothly in (Examples: Fortnite, Rust, Apex Legends). I've definitely noticed the V-Sync option and as I disable it, my performance still stays the same, unfortunately. I've came to the conclusion it has to do with my computer instead of the game itself.

ArcadeBMO

Reputable
Feb 12, 2019
Your monitor is plugged directly into the GTX 1080, not the port on your motherboard, right?

Also, what resolution is your monitor?

View: https://imgur.com/a/lBPs2kt
<-- Here's the back of my computer where all the crazy stuff happens.

The thing I'm holding is the HDMI cable and the arrow is pointing to where I originally plugged the cable. Am I doing something wrong? :(

My monitor's resolution is 2560 x 1440.

ove_taksdal

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
Got the exact setup gtx1080 6700K overclocked mildly... and I was hovering just at 120 ish in Apex. and unless you see and verify their frames, and their graphical settings I can would not trust someone to boast having 300 frames in APEX

Solution