[SOLVED] My FPS isn’t as high as it should be and My FPS doesn’t change even if I lower the resolution or settings . Is this a CPU problem?

Apr 19, 2021
I just purchased a Aurora R12 specs: (11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700F (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 2.5GHz to 4.9GHz w/Intel Turbo Boost Max)
Windows 10 Home 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
16GB Single Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz; up to 128GB
256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s
Lunar Light chassis with Low-Profile Smart Cooling CPU Heatsink and 550W Power)

I recently noticed it playing forza 4 that my FPS didn’t change at all when I change settings to low or extreme it stayed at 50-60 frames and sometimes stuttered as well and I know it’s supposed to run higher at low settings and resolution. I ran a benchmark on forza and the gpu was 200fps or more but the cpu rendering and simulation was super low. I tried reinstalling drivers/ change a lot of settings that was suggesting online. But I’m at a loss and don’t know where to go from here.

Solution
So the memory bus is 64bit. But it has two/four slots. When you install a second identical stick, the CPU can access 128bits total at once. So two sticks effectively doubles the bandwidth available to the CPU. All tests and comparisons you have likely seen are done with a dual channel configuration.

Your CPU cooler may also be a factor. The better the cooler the longer the CPU will stay at a high clock speed. Not as easy as buying a second memory stick, but worth looking into if adding memory doesn't help as much as you are looking for.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
So the memory bus is 64bit. But it has two/four slots. When you install a second identical stick, the CPU can access 128bits total at once. So two sticks effectively doubles the bandwidth available to the CPU. All tests and comparisons you have likely seen are done with a dual channel configuration.

Your CPU cooler may also be a factor. The better the cooler the longer the CPU will stay at a high clock speed. Not as easy as buying a second memory stick, but worth looking into if adding memory doesn't help as much as you are looking for.

Reactions: Brandon7954
Solution

TRENDING THREADS