Question My friend is giving me a free pc

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
So my friend is giving me a pc and he says the only connector is a 6+2 pin and a 4+4. The gpu i want is a Asus rog strix rx 5700 xt and it requires two 8+8 pin connectors https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING/ the powersupply that im getting is a EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750w 80+gold and he is running a gtx 1060 6gb. Will a Corsair RM 750w 80+ gold fully modular psu have the pin connectors? Im in need of cables or something PLEASE HELP

WildCard999

Titan
Oh okay my friend was trying to get me to buy to 8 pin molex connectors not 6+2, do i just go on evga’s website for the cables?
Do not buy adapters! There have been a few threads on here about those who used adapters and they ended up melting.

Contact EVGA and say you need a couple of 6+2 PCIE cables and see what they can do for you.

bignastyid

Titan
Just for the one side since i dont have the other 6+2?
??? your friend is using a 1060 that requires 2 cables, the only cables that come with that PSU are 6+2 so it has atleast 2 6+2 pin cables. The 5700XT will require 2 6+2 pin cables. So it should have the cables for the 5700xt even if they no longer have the extra cables unless they are using an adapter for the 2nd connection or have a custom 6-pin cable. Might just be best to wait till you have the system before you buy parts for it.