[SOLVED] My friend is only getting 10 FPS in CS:GO despite having great specs?

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
Specs:

Mobo: A320M
CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G
GPU: Radeon RX 580 (dedicated) and AMD Radeon Vega 3 (integrated)
Storage: 3TB HDD

On CS:GO, he sits around 10 FPS. Why is this happening, he has no other tabs open?

Solution
We enabled his AMD Radeon Vega 3 integrated graphics in Device Manager and he was getting 40-50 FPS. However, how can I have his RX 580 work properly? And by properly I mean sitting on a consistent 100+ FPS.

P.S.

We tried on another game with his RX 580 enabled and he was still getting 5-10 FPS whilst his Vega 3 was getting an average of 30 FPS.
Oh so that's definitely not a csgo problem then.

Seems like it might be a driver issue. Try using ddu to uninstall the gpu driver and reinstalling it.

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
Disable multi core rendering under video in game settings. Open console and write

fps_max 0

Try this
We enabled his AMD Radeon Vega 3 integrated graphics in Device Manager and he was getting 40-50 FPS. However, how can I have his RX 580 work properly? And by properly I mean sitting on a consistent 100+ FPS.

P.S.

We tried on another game with his RX 580 enabled and he was still getting 5-10 FPS whilst his Vega 3 was getting an average of 30 FPS.

P.S.

Oh so that's definitely not a csgo problem then.

Seems like it might be a driver issue. Try using ddu to uninstall the gpu driver and reinstalling it.

Solution