[SOLVED] MY GAME DISCONNECTS FOR 10 SECONDS THEN GOES BACK TO NORMAL WHILE PLAYING GAMES.

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
I've had this issue for months that when im playing a game i randomly disconnect for about 10-15s and then its fine again. Sometimes it happens frequently and sometimes it doesnt happen but once and hour. I've had very few occasions were its never happened at least once in a day. My internet is fine other than those disconnects though. I never get ping spikes or lag issues at all unless its the disconnects. Sometimes it completely disconnects me from a game and other times everything freezes for 10-15s. Eventually the game catches back up and goes back to normal.

Its not the ethernet cable. I unplugged it and it happened on wireless too.
I had a guy from my ISP come out and he said there was nothing wrong with the router in the house and that its most likely not on their side.
I have seen people say that Anti-Virus can cause issues sometimes.

I have tried so much and i can't figure out what's causing it.

MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE
GTX 2080TI
I9-9900K
1200W THERMALTAKE
990 EVO 1TB SSD
CUSTOM WATER LOOP

I'm plugged in with Ethernet

Solution
Pretty standard testing.

Leave a constant ping run in a background window to your router IP address. When the game complains switch over to this windows and see if you see packet loss. This would indicate some issue with your PC or the router.

You can also leave a ping run to some common IP like 8.8.8.8. If you see loss here but not to the router it indicates the internet conneciton maybe dropping. You would want to run a constant ping on other machines to see if they all drop at the same time.

A large red flag I see when I looked up your motherboard is it says "killer networking". Did not read the details but it seems they have even fancier crap than when they just did ethernet chipset. This company has a history...
Pretty standard testing.

Leave a constant ping run in a background window to your router IP address. When the game complains switch over to this windows and see if you see packet loss. This would indicate some issue with your PC or the router.

You can also leave a ping run to some common IP like 8.8.8.8. If you see loss here but not to the router it indicates the internet conneciton maybe dropping. You would want to run a constant ping on other machines to see if they all drop at the same time.

A large red flag I see when I looked up your motherboard is it says "killer networking". Did not read the details but it seems they have even fancier crap than when they just did ethernet chipset. This company has a history of very strange network issues related to there so called "gamer" priority. This whole concept is stupid because it can only affect traffic inside the machine and not outside. Not sure it is the very first thing I check when looking at new motherboards to ensure it DOES NOT have killer brand anything on it. What used to solve strange network problems for people is to uninstall any of these "gamer" network extensions. You many times had to install special drivers without the killer feature from the killer web site. In you board it seems they added more junk so I don't know what you can do.

It may not be the killer stuff but as many problems as you see reported it is the first thing I blame. I tend to be very biased after actually replacing a motherboard to solve "killer" problems.

If you see loss on mulitple devices then it is more likely not just your machine so you want to test carefully with a ping command.

Solution