Question My gameplay and audio is super choppy, without framedrops. Pc will also chop audio and screen on netflix, twitch, etc?

Oct 15, 2020
My gameplay and audio chop up very bad. Its very inconsistent too, one moment completely fine and next moment the game is unplayable. Its not just with games either. Watching Netflix and Twitch the audio chops up and sounds funky all of a sudden. Ive tried a few things because I'm not very smart with handling problems such as this with my pc. Idk how to pinpoint the issue or where to begin really. Latency is fine, fps is fine and a game will run normally for a bit then the audio and gameplay gets laggy and choppy and my inputs began to lag or not register some key presses. I check task manager and it does say the program running is using "very high" power or "high" and even dip into "moderate" but that's normal for when I open task manager while running a game.

Oct 15, 2020
Are you using a desktop or laptop? If using a desktop, are you using front panel I/O or connecting directly from the back of the PC?
Hello, I am on desktop. Ive seen your reply quite late since ive resolved the issue. It was my amd sata controllers. They were enabled and I simply disabled them one morning and pc has ran fine since. Thanks for the input tho

Oct 15, 2020
Are you using a desktop or laptop? If using a desktop, are you using front panel I/O or connecting directly from the back of the PC?
Also I installed Lantency Mon and that helped me figure out it was storport.sys causing my stutters and input lag, everything was unplayable and unwatchable when it came to videos. It took me some time to keep researching how to solve the storport.sys. But finally I found a video that was only 2 mins and the guy didnt even talk he just wrote in the description what to do and why. It was one uber simple troubleshoot I havent tried so I got up and disabled the AMD SATA Controllers and restarted the pc, ran Latency Mon and its been stable since.

TRENDING THREADS