Question My Geforce 1070 gigabyte mini Graphics card just died and I'm not sure why, could it be my PSU?

Apr 22, 2020
I was playing WOW and my computer randomly shut off, then It turned back on and I saw 2 sparks shoot out from what I'm guessing was the graphics card and then smoke started emitting out of the Graphics card. If I take the graphics card out then turn on my computer again everything seems to work fine. I'm wondering if anyone knows what could have caused this. I plan on getting the same card again but I'm kinda scared it might burn if I plug it into the same computer. After opening up the pc case there was a tone of dust that could have caused it to overheat. This computer was a pre-built one from cyber power and was 3yrs old.

Sounds like the GPU has blown up and to be honest would not turn your computer back on to be on safe side before checking for any damange to the motherboard and to make sure that PSU is safe to be honest! Whats Your PSU? Do not think your going to find out what made it happen but could be that GPU had enough and dicided to break down!. But like said to be on safe side would replace the PSU and GPU.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020
My GPU exploded a week ago and I've been using the computer normally, besides playing any other game besides wow as I'm using the integrated graphics card atm. Looking back I should have added this to my initial message so I'm already past the not turning my computer back on the part. I'm not sure what PSU it came with when I have more time I'll try to find out what it is.