My GPU fan not spinning again?

Haripazha

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
Last week my Nvidia gt630 fan stop spinning even I already Cleaned it and reattached the fan power chord. So i Decided to replace my PSU knowing it was a failing PSU but again the fan still not spinning.
So I bought cheap video card which is gt9500 knowing that it is a failing video card.
So after I removed my old gpu and replaced it with my new gt9500.
The fan works like charm. I can play hours of games without any having problem(overheat).

But today, my gpu fan stop spinning again?? and it turned my gpu temp over 90+
Now I don't know what is the cause of this thing...

Please help me guys.
Is anyone experienced like this?
I did all troubleshoot but can't find what is the cause of this problem.

I hope you understand me because my english is not that good.

15pqudk.jpg

I Used afterburner to play my fan but still not spinning

Solution
Go to the control panel > Uninstall programs > Uninstall Nvidia Graphics Driver

Restart computer

Go to: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/79891/en-us and click download driver

Install driver

Restart PC

If the problem persists after this point it is literally the motherboard, as nothing else could be causing it.

Also, I recommend uninstalling MSI afterburner as well. It's mostly for OCing and if you accidentally changed a setting in there it could be messing with your GPU. With a 630 or 9500GT there is no reason to even think about OC. Just get a different monitoring software if you were only using to monitor the temps and fan speeds.

Edit- And don't forget that some cards do not spin the fan unless it reaches a...

Haripazha

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

But my gt9500 is new, I bought it last day. I think its not a thermal paste because two graphics card both fail

Haripazha

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

If that's the problem then how can I fix it? How to know if my Nvidia driver is failing?

Haripazha

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

Okay I'm going to reinstall my gpu, I will put the result after doing it.

Haripazha

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

I already reinstalled my driver and restarted several times and still my fan won't spin.. :??:
Another suggestion guys :??:

robax91

Distinguished
Go to the control panel > Uninstall programs > Uninstall Nvidia Graphics Driver

Restart computer

Go to: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/79891/en-us and click download driver

Install driver

Restart PC

If the problem persists after this point it is literally the motherboard, as nothing else could be causing it.

Also, I recommend uninstalling MSI afterburner as well. It's mostly for OCing and if you accidentally changed a setting in there it could be messing with your GPU. With a 630 or 9500GT there is no reason to even think about OC. Just get a different monitoring software if you were only using to monitor the temps and fan speeds.

Edit- And don't forget that some cards do not spin the fan unless it reaches a certain temp. If it's not spinning at idle, there really isn't a problem. If it isn't spinning while you're playing a game and it reaches 75-80c or higher, there is a problem.

Solution

Haripazha

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

THANKS!!! NOW IT'S Working again :D I can play for hours again.!!!