My GPU is displaying what looks to be artefacts when playing a gif

CrypticleCanine

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Recently my GPU has been displaying what looks to be artifacts when I'm playing a gif on Reddit or Imgur. It sometimes happens on Youtube videos as well but it not as much as gifs. I asked my friends what it could be and they said they don't know but it looks serious. My GPU was overclocked but it was fine for 3 months, but recently this started happening so I put it back to its usual clock rate and the problem still persists. The temperatures are normal (30 idle, 60 under load)

My specs are:
CPU: i5-4690K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 980ti
RAM: 8GB
GPU core clock: 135
GPU memory clock: 405

Here's how it looks on the gifs http://imgur.com/a/g1I0J.

Solution
It's definitely your GPU and most likely it's the graphic's card RAM responsible for this behaviour and not the GPU processor itself especially if it stays under normal temps. If you card is still under warranty I'd consider RMAing it. If it's not try lowering the memory clock and see what happens. You could also bump the memory voltage a little bit while doing that but be careful because excessive memory voltage may have caused this issue and further voltage increase may deteriorate the artifacts.
It's definitely your GPU and most likely it's the graphic's card RAM responsible for this behaviour and not the GPU processor itself especially if it stays under normal temps. If you card is still under warranty I'd consider RMAing it. If it's not try lowering the memory clock and see what happens. You could also bump the memory voltage a little bit while doing that but be careful because excessive memory voltage may have caused this issue and further voltage increase may deteriorate the artifacts.

Solution