My GPU just died, but I HAVE to wait for Pascal!

hardarse7

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
;) !!!RANT WARNING!!! ;)

The GPU (HD5700) in my desktop rig where I do most of my photo editing and other work just died. But I've been waiting for Pascal to drop for the last year or so anyway. (I went so far as to buy a PS4 to stave off GPU buylust while I waited.) Anyway, now with Pascal coming in June, I *really* don't want to buy an existing GPU, even a crappy $40 one to tide me over. Why just throw that money away when that could buy a recent game. I am planning a huge new setup (literally) with a 55" Wasabi Mango monitor and a Pascal-based card that can push 4k games at 60hz consistently. I don't know how much that level of Pascal GPU will cost, but Im guessing close to the $1k mark, which will be fine. But I'm also saving for a new lens and possibly also a new (backup) camera (nikon D500), so I gotta watch every penny! It just sucks to lose that PC (it has no built in video obviously) since I put a bunch of my son's basketball game pics on it right before the GPU died, and I can't get to them until I get a new one. I do pics of all the kids for the other parents just for fun and practice, so they have to wait too. Three months is the current guess I've seen about Pascal's debut, but anything could happen if there are problems with the production. I have been waiting so long, and now I really can't wait (almost literally)...

This is all to say, if anyone has a cheap/old GPU they want to give away just to get rid of it, let me know. ;)

Solution
If They do as before, the first one will likely be $1500 Titan10 or something, followed by the more affordable ones months later.

Good luck in your wait! I hope its not too long too.