Question My GPU makes weird buzzing noises in the Game!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Hey guys.
My System:

i7 10700k
Win 10 64 Bit
RTX 2070 Super
32 GB RAM
650 W Corsair Psu Gold
Kraken X63 Pump

Its in games like Cyberpunk, Assassins Creed or Star Citizen.
Its just randomly in the game. The Game stutters, I get Frame Drops, and the GPU makes a louder buzzing noise.
In Star Citizen for example, when going into quantum drive, I get a lot of FPS drops, and then the GPU buzzing gets louder.
I've never had any issues with my GPU, but since a few months its constant.
Also I've got a contant coil whining sound now when playing a game, in AC Valhalla its so loud I have to wear headphones.
I dont know what the issue could be. Also when the GPU makes this buzzing sound, and the frames drop in the games, it has to be GPU related right? Or could it be my PSU?
I get normal temps on CPU and GPU, when playing a game. Max on CPU and GPU 60 Degrees.
All games are on a SSD. And something else. When the game micro stutters, the GPU makes buzzing noises which match with the micro stutters!
I dont know what it could be?
When I assembled my PC, I often touched my GPU without earthing myself, could that be the issue?
Thank you guys!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022
OK I actually tried the Corsair RM1000x PSU, and its the same issue. So I guess its not the PSU
I just thought that we got the solution, does this mean that the problem is from the GPU it self? We both have Asus RTX 2070 Super dual 8GB right?
I don't even know if a replacement is possible now or what are the procedures while there is GPU shortage, so what do you think and suggest ?

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Yeah I got exactly the same problem, and I think its the GPU. Do you think it could also be your Watercooling? I got the Kraken X63, and I'm not 100 % sure if its not that.
But if its the GPU, atm (at the moment) its very bad because as you said the shortage.
I bought it on Amazon, and they can only give me the money at the moment.
I would like to buy either a 3080 or 3080ti, but because of the Shortage, Prices are very high atm.
I can RMA my GPU until April so I will wait and see, if i can gather a cheaper 3080 until then and return my RTX 2070 Super for the money, no other idea right now.

Jan 21, 2022
Yeah I got exactly the same problem, and I think its the GPU. Do you think it could also be your Watercooling? I got the Kraken X63, and I'm not 100 % sure if its not that.
But if its the GPU, atm (at the moment) its very bad because as you said the shortage.
I bought it on Amazon, and they can only give me the money at the moment.
I would like to buy either a 3080 or 3080ti, but because of the Shortage, Prices are very high atm.
I can RMA my GPU until April so I will wait and see, if i can gather a cheaper 3080 until then and return my RTX 2070 Super for the money, no other idea right now.
@SteveBeast I never heard that the water cooling can cause this type of problem especially that kraken x63 is well known brand.

Another problem with refund is even if I got RTX 3000 series after refund I will still need to buy new PSU because 650watt is not enough for RTX 3000s,

and did you found any more information about the problem or saw an article? if you found share it with me please.

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
@Pin.x honestly I think it could be my main memory. Because yesterday mfs 2020 crashed, the noise appeared again and I got a error saying something is wrong with my memory.
I'll try to refund it and see if it helps.

TRENDING THREADS