[SOLVED] My GPU only running at 1-3% while gaming. Should it be higher?

Jan 5, 2019
Hello, recently I've gotten a GTX 1050Ti so I could run a few games on my PC. I've run into a few problems such as it not running correctly and I had to disable my CPU's integrated graphics for it to begin running correctly. Anyways, I've been playing Borderlands 2 and I've noticed my graphics card is only running at 1-3% while gaming in the Task Manager.

I've done everything that I could think of and that I could find online. I've updated drivers, made sure my HDMI is plugged into the GPU instead of the motherboard, disabled my integrated graphics, closed out of most tasks, used Razer game booster, and run on the lowest settings. Everything that I could to increase performance and it has just now occurred to me that my card is only running at 1%. I do not know everything about graphics cards but shouldn't it be running somewhere around 50% or around that range?

What is something I could do to fix this? Thank you in advance, please help soon!

Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti
CPU: AMD A6-7400k Radeon R5 6 ~3.6GHz (6 Compute cores)
RAM: 8GB GDDR 3
HDD: 250GB
Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
100% gpu usage would be ideal in a game with vsync off. 1-3% means the GPU isn't being used at all it is at idle, if that is the case you are using integrated graphics. I wonder if task manager is showing the usage of the APU's GPU. Try downloading msi afterbuner and see what it shows for gpu usage. If borderlands is running okay then you are likely using the 1050 ti despite what task manager is saying.