Question My GPU usage wont go high enough for dedicated fps

Dec 29, 2019
My setup:gtx 1660,ryzen 5 2600, 16gb 3000mhz ram and a 144hz monitor. I play mostly CS GO. I had this pc for about 7 months now and ive never had fps below 200. I noticed some frame drops a couple days ago and the game is not running as smoothly as it used to. I used msi afterburner while playing and realised the GPU usage wont go high enough for the dedicated fps. My friend has the same cpu, an rx 580 and 8gb of ram and his game is always 200-300fps while mine is stuck on 100-200 and sometimes even below 100. Its not the game either i put it on unlimited fps but no help. Is there a way for me to tell my gpu to use more power for a specific fps number?

If you suddenly find your system running slower than it used to there can only really be a small number or reasons. Either you have something running in the background slowing down your system or you have a piece of hardware failing.

Open up task manager while in game and see whats using your CPU resources and your memory...

Dec 29, 2019
If you suddenly find your system running slower than it used to there can only really be a small number or reasons. Either you have something running in the background slowing down your system or you have a piece of hardware failing.

Open up task manager while in game and see whats using your CPU resources and your memory...
Like i said nothing is overused, i have regular temps and usage, the thing is the usage wont go higher. I want it to go to 70% so i can get 300fps but it sometimes does and sometimes just doesnt