[SOLVED] My gpu utilisation is around 25% while gaming

Oct 7, 2020
So I have an asus tuf f15 with an i7 10th gen processor, 256 gb ssd, 1 tb hdd, 8 gb ram, and a gtx 1650ti. I have seen other users use the Ryzen variant of this laptop, and on fortnite using low settings, they get around 135 fps. I was getting 30-40 fps in fn while playing on low, and I narrowed it down to gpu utilisation . It is only being utilised around 25 percent. I have tried the latest drivers, reinstalled windows, and even over clocked my pc, and none of that has worked. I have tried all the best settings and that hasn’t helped. I would really appreciate any help.

Solution
A common problem with gaming laptops is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers are small, light and inefficient.
Run HWmonitor.
It will give you the current, minimum and maximum temperatures.
If you see 100c. for the max, you have throttled.
That slows down the processor until heat is dissipated.
During that time, your game and gpu utilization sill suffer performance loss.
Keep your cooling airways clear of dust and obstructions.
As a possible remedy, change the power profile when plugged in from a default of 100% perhaps to 90%
See if that does anything.
So I have an asus tuf f15 with an i7 10th gen processor, 256 gb ssd, 1 tb hdd, 8 gb ram, and a gtx 1650ti. I have seen other users use the Ryzen variant of this laptop, and on fortnite using low settings, they get around 135 fps. I was getting 30-40 fps in fn while playing on low, and I narrowed it down to gpu utilisation . It is only being utilised around 25 percent. I have tried the latest drivers, reinstalled windows, and even over clocked my pc, and none of that has worked. I have tried all the best settings and that hasn’t helped. I would really appreciate any help.
How about power plan settings ? Set in "High Performance" instead "Power Saver".
Have you try plug the Laptop adaptor when gaming ?

A common problem with gaming laptops is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers are small, light and inefficient.
Run HWmonitor.
It will give you the current, minimum and maximum temperatures.
If you see 100c. for the max, you have throttled.
That slows down the processor until heat is dissipated.
During that time, your game and gpu utilization sill suffer performance loss.
Keep your cooling airways clear of dust and obstructions.
As a possible remedy, change the power profile when plugged in from a default of 100% perhaps to 90%
See if that does anything.

Solution