[SOLVED] My GPU Won't Show any Image

Mgmabone

Commendable
Jan 12, 2020
I recently bought a Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 580 8gb and when I set it all up it doesn't show anything on my monitor. However the fans and lights all work and it seems like the computer boots correctly. Im currently using a 1050 ti, Msi H310m Pro VDH, Crucial 16gb DDR4, and an i5 9400F. The motherboard sometimes shows a VGA error however sometimes it doesn't. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
Is there no other reason it wouldn't work? I really don't want to have to do that.
There is really nothing else since your monitor and cables are working with your 1050Ti. The thing with used Vega and earlier AMD cards is that they were used for mining cryptocurrency and that kills GPUs.
I recently bought a Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 580 8gb and when I set it all up it doesn't show anything on my monitor. However the fans and lights all work and it seems like the computer boots correctly. Im currently using a 1050 ti, Msi H310m Pro VDH, Crucial 16gb DDR4, and an i5 9400F. The motherboard sometimes shows a VGA error however sometimes it doesn't. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Did you buy the 580 new?

Edit: Whats your PSU? Did you correctly connected the 8+6 pin power cables?

nooblet0

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
Its not booting, it won't be detected, he won't be able to flash it.
I'm not sure what OP means by this:
it seems like the computer boots correctly.
If he is getting the proper beep code indicating a correct boot it could very well mean that the gpu is failing to generate a video output because of a corrupted or incorrect vbios. In that case he can boot with an igpu/secondary gpu and flash the current gpu with a working bios. I wouldn't recommend doing this as it may void the warranty on the card, but it might be worth a shot if OP is willing. Atleast OP could try booting with an igpu while the faulty card is connected and see if it's being detected using gpu-z or a similar software.

I'm not sure what OP means by this:

If he is getting the proper beep code indicating a correct boot it could very well mean that the gpu is failing to generate a video output because of a corrupted or incorrect vbios. In that case he can boot with an igpu/secondary gpu and flash the current gpu with a working bios. I wouldn't recommend doing this as it may void the warranty on the card, but it might be worth a shot if OP is willing. Atleast OP could try booting with an igpu while the faulty card is connected and see if it's being detected using gpu-z or a similar software.
He can try but I doubt that it will work as those used Vega and earlier cards were used for mining which kills GPUs. A mining bios would have booted at least.