[SOLVED] my graphic card runs very hot

Hossein1378

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
my graphic card runs very hot when playing games and its temperature is not normal.
at the usage of 60-70% its temperature goes to 86-88 degrees.
I don't know why and I don't know what to do. 2 weeks ago I downloaded furmark from the ASUS website. it was running for about 3-4 minutes and I was thinking that it will give me some results itself and will finish the stress test after a while but it didn't. so I do it myself. the highest temperature during the test was 87 degrees.
a few days later when I started to play one of my games, I noticed that my GPU fan has got very noisy and the temperature is very high, which it wasn't before at the usage of 60-70 %.
I always got this temperature at usage of 99%.
my graphic card model is Asus ph-1660 ti oc.
please help me. I'm worried about the temperature

Solution
Well then maybe that run of the fuzzy ball of death (furmark) dried up the last tiny bit of thermal paste on the card. Might be in need of one.

Hossein1378

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
What temperature? What is the temp when the usage is at a steady 99-100%?
actually, I haven't test yet. but I think the temp may go upper than 86 degrees. but before this happens, I usually got that temp at the usage of 99%, just like you.
What are the temps if you run with the case open?
I had tried before with the case open and fresh cool air continuously flowed to the case. the only difference I noticed was that the process of getting hot was delayed. but in the end, the temp reaches the hot point again.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Since it's a one fan card with a tiny bit heatsink, i don't think those temperatures are anything out of the ordinary. Have you tried to activate vsynch to play games at around 45/50 fps?

Hossein1378

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
If it runs well at 86-88....with the case open....and the fans seem to be ok...I would leave it alone. It's a little hotter than what I'm used to but it may be normal for that GPU. I don't find it excessive.
yes, but I wish I had that temp at the usage of 100% or 99%. not 60-70%. in the past when my usage was 60-70%, the temp was 68 and at the maximum was 75 degrees.
anyway, but don't you think the furmark may hit my GPU chip? or something like that?

Hossein1378

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
Since it's a one fan card with a tiny bit heatsink, i don't think those temperatures are anything out of the ordinary
yes, you are right. there is no expectation for a single fan with tiny heatsink to cool down my GPU very well. but the problem is here that I hadn't this issue before running furmark. the temp was around 68-75 degrees at the usage of 60-70%.
Have you tried to activate vsynch to play games at around 45/50 fps?
yes, I have tried this long ago. Vsync is active and I play games around 55-60fps.