My graphics card is not being used

bluetreex

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
So I just finished building my pc and it turned on and everything but when I tried to play war thunder I was getting 2 FPS. I went on a benchmark website and it had no information on my graphics card after the test so I concluded it somehow isn't being used. The HDMI cable is plugged into the gpu not the motherboard which I read is the right thing to do. I can see the fan running and the PCI-E cable is plugged in as well as it's all the way snapped into the slot. Not sure what to do now, seems like no one else had this problem.
Motherboard: Asrock B85m-itx
CPU: i5-4460
GPU: RX-480

Thanks in advance

Solution
Control Panel > Hardware/Device Manager > Display Adapters > right click Intel HD Graphics and Disable
If this doesn't work, make sure you're updated to the latest non beta drivers for both your dedicated and integrated graphics.
Other things to try. Re-seat your gpu, check for any loose cables an that everything is in the right spot. Its easy to over look the simple things. Weve all done it.

DillonJ3K

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
Control Panel > Hardware/Device Manager > Display Adapters > right click Intel HD Graphics and Disable
If this doesn't work, make sure you're updated to the latest non beta drivers for both your dedicated and integrated graphics.
Other things to try. Re-seat your gpu, check for any loose cables an that everything is in the right spot. Its easy to over look the simple things. Weve all done it.

Solution