Question My graphics card is not detected in the BIOS or in Device Manager ?

Jun 10, 2024
Specifications :
- Intel core i5 12400 BOX
- Asus Prime H610M K D4
- Asus Dual RTX3060
- Coolermaster MWE 650 V2 (OLD)
- MSI MPG A650GF (New)
- T create 32 GB kit DDR4 3200Mhz
- samsung 970 evo plus 500Gb nvme
- Seagate green 1TB
- Coolermaster ML120
-

chronology: My computer suddenly didn't detect the graphics card after 5 months of use
wrong thing to do:
- Rest CMOS/Bios
- Update Bios
- Reinstall windows
- replace and guarantee the Graphic card,Motherboard,RAM and replaced Power Suplay
- tried the VGA elsewhere and it turned on normally
- tried another graphic card to my computer
- configure the primary display to the PCIE / PEG Slot

Last edited:

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
Please be more specific.
Your computer does not detect it under Windows?
You have another card in system or it is the only one?
Your monitor is plugged in this card?
When computer start it shows something on display?
Remove the card from PCIex slot and insert it in another slot

Reactions: Hotrod2go
Jun 10, 2024
Hello.
Please be more specific.
Your computer does not detect it under Windows?
You have another card in system or it is the only one?
Your monitor is plugged in this card?
When computer start it shows something on display?
Remove the card from PCIex slot and insert it in another slot

I use Windows 11 Pro, so I installed a VGA card which only works with the onboard HDMI port.
so I installed a graphics card, but the monitor only works when it's plugged in to the motherboard's HDMI port.

Mod Edit:

I only have 1 PCIE x16 slot

Jun 10, 2024
I will try it. I don't know when I installed it on another computer using what generation it was certain that the slot only had x16, I tried changing the gen on my computer from gen 1,2,3,4,5 but it still didn't work

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Well, in this case you have a problem with your system. Could be a simple problem related to PSU or one related to motherboard. But since you've changed already the PSU we assume that this one is in order.
So we will focus on your motherboard.
The easiest way was to take the motherboard and test it with the other system components, those who already worked with you card in test.
Of course, if the components are compatible. But anyway, don't throw it yet, until you test it to see if it is functioning properly. Take a close picture of PCIex connector using a good light source and macro function. I suspect that you have something with your PCIex connector.

Jun 10, 2024
Yes, I'm guessing from the PCIEX16 slot, but I only have 1 slot because the motherboard I use is M ATX, I can't possibly buy a tester because I've run out of money to buy a new PSU, I've done an RMA of the motherboard and that's not a solution yet, I'm confused because the VGA fan works normally as if it had just been turned on. The fan spins and then turns itself off due to the features