[SOLVED] My graphics card is struggling on.

Aug 6, 2020
I need help.

So I just put my new pc together 5 days ago and it's been running fine with now issues but today I decided to update my RX 5700 XT drivers and then on the restart it crashed and now I can log into windows but shortly after it goes green screen and restarts.

I have no idea how to solve this ..... Is it my GPU, PSU or MOBO?

Motherboard - MSI B450 GAMING MAX PLUS
GPU - XFX THICC II 5700 XT
PSU - ANTEC GOLD 500.

Should I get a bigger PSU?

Solution
I need help.

So I just put my new pc together 5 days ago and it's been running fine with now issues but today I decided to update my RX 5700 XT drivers and then on the restart it crashed and now I can log into windows but shortly after it goes green screen and restarts.

PSU - ANTEC GOLD 500.

Hi Edd3642178,

As RTX2080 suggested its probably your PSU struggling to keep up and a result something is going to give as Kanewolf stated your RAM could've corrupted your OS due to power constraints.

This is recommended power from AMD.

Minimum 600W (recommended...

kanewolf

Titan
I need help.

PSU - ANTEC GOLD 500.

It could also be your RAM. A RAM problem can lead to corrupted OS. Try running MEMTEST86 for 4 to 6 hours.

Apple Troll Master

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
I need help.

PSU - ANTEC GOLD 500.

Hi Edd3642178,

As RTX2080 suggested its probably your PSU struggling to keep up and a result something is going to give as Kanewolf stated your RAM could've corrupted your OS due to power constraints.

This is recommended power from AMD.

Minimum 600W (recommended 700W) PSU with up to an 8-pin + 6-pin PCI Express Auxiliary connectors. This PSU recommendation is only for one Radeon RX 5700 series GPU installed per system. Additional GPUs will require more capable power supplies. Minimum of 8 GB of system memory, 16GB is recommended.

https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/radeon-rx-5700-series-quick-start-guide-en.pdf

So to answer your question, yes you should get a bigger PSU especially if you're considering overclocking your CPU as well.

Solution
Aug 6, 2020
Thanks guys for the tips I thought it may be the PSU so I'll be upgrading it to 80+gold at 650 or 750 as I don't think it's RAM but I haven't turned the system on since as I don't want to completely screw up the GPU