My graphics card performance with monitor

Skadiddle12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
I recently got my gigabyte gtx 1060 3gb g1 gaming. However, I am worried that it might not be able to run at how good it's supposed to run and it will minimize the performance of my graphics card because my monitor might not be able to handle it. My monitor is an acer X193w. Is there a way where I can make it run more so that it runs at atleast 1080p resolution. This is because I wan't to see what my graphics card can offer because otherwise there is no point spending the money to buy a gtx 1060.
Thanks

Ramlethal

Estimable
Unfortunatly its not a monitor to run at 1080P however... Im gonna tell you my case and you will evaluate if its worth or not:

I personally love to see the things as much detailed and soft as possible BUT ALSO AS FAST AND SMOOTH AS POSSIBLE TOO.
So i like to play at 4k resolution but there is currently no 4k Monitors that supports 144hz. So i just purchased a nice BENQ XL2430T. BUT my gtx 1080 was not capable enough to push 144 or more FPS on Overwatch,tw3 and bf1 in 4k so i did decide to buy a second one and make SLI. And here i am Supersampling Everything up to 4k to run as smooth and quality as possible and im thinking it just worth it totally.

So... Dont be affraid... if your GPU is TOO MUCH for that monitor, then Superspampling is allways a nice way to get some juice of that extra performance...