Question My gtx 1060 is crashing at 60ºC (140ºF)

Sep 6, 2022
I recently bought a used gigabyte 1060 of 6gb (this model: https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-gv-n1060ixoc-3gd/p/N82E16814125905) and I got scammed, the guy who sold me this gpu said that the fans didn't worked, they start spinnig when you turn on the pc but they stop around 10 seconds after and then they never turn again, so the gpu would crash due to high temperatures. I managed to make the fans work with MSI Afterburner, but when I'm playing any demanding game that makes the gpu reach 60ºC the gpu crashes and I have to restart my pc manually. I don't know what to do to fix this issue, so please help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? On second thoughts, what were the specs to your build prior to the GTX1060? Please list aforementioned build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Sep 5, 2022
Since it's a used 1060, chances are it was used for mining. And miners usually install a modified BIOS specifically for that task, which is notorious for causing issues with games. There's plenty of tutorials on how to restore the oringinal BIOS on a mining card, try to see if thats the issue on your 1060.

Sep 6, 2022
Since it's a used 1060, chances are it was used for mining. And miners usually install a modified BIOS specifically for that task, which is notorious for causing issues with games. There's plenty of tutorials on how to restore the oringinal BIOS on a mining card, try to see if thats the issue on your 1060.
I just installed a new bios and the gpu still crashes

Sep 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? On second thoughts, what were the specs to your build prior to the GTX1060? Please list aforementioned build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
I have an Mars Gaming PSU, the MPB650, and I've been using it for a year
CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G
Motherboard: Asus prime A320M-K
Ram: x2 Kingston Fury 8GB DDR4 3200mhz
SSD/HDD: SSD wd blue 480GB
GPU: I used the Ryzen integrated GPU
Chassis: Mars Gaming MCX ATX

Digital~Dreams

Prominent
Jun 24, 2022
Some nvidia card fans don't spin till temps reach around 50c or so (as with 1080/3080ti). Sounds like your card could have a dodgy bios or has been messed with tho. You could try new thermal compound and pads. Something like HWINFO will show you your ram temps, compare to other similar models.