Question My GTX 1070 is reaching 80°C is it normal ?

Jul 11, 2022
Hello, i just got a used gigabyte G1 GTX 1070 (3fan vers) and i tested it on red dead redemption (with the upscale res settings) for like 1-2 hours and when i checked the temp it was doing back and forth between 75-81°C.
I'm not a professional so i just wanted to know if it was normal for a 1070 to reach 81° or did i just got scammed ?
sorry if that sounds like a stupid question.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, i just got a used gigabyte G1 GTX 1070 (3fan vers) and i tested it on red dead redemption (with the upscale res settings) for like 1-2 hours and when i checked the temp it was doing back and forth between 75-81°C.
I'm not a professional so i just wanted to know if it was normal for a 1070 to reach 81° or did i just got scammed ?
sorry if that sounds like a stupid question.
Not unusual.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Jul 11, 2022
Not unusual.
i have between 48-54° on idle too (idk if it's normal),
Will it last a few more years at this temperature when i'm playing or is it at the end of its life? ?
because i saw a lot of videosand their gpu are around 70° maximum, sometimes around 65°.
Thank you for the quick reply.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i have between 48-54° on idle too (idk if it's normal),
Will it last a few more years at this temperature when i'm playing or is it at the end of its life? ?
because i saw a lot of videosand their gpu are around 70° maximum, sometimes around 65°.
Thank you for the quick reply.

There are way too many variables to assume that a good temperature somewhere ought to be the same as a good temperature somewhere else.

81 degrees for a GPU is nothing unusual and only load temperature actually matters. Without an actual reason to worry, it's best to not worry.

Jul 11, 2022
There are way too many variables to assume that a good temperature somewhere ought to be the same as a good temperature somewhere else.

81 degrees for a GPU is nothing unusual and only load temperature actually matters. Without an actual reason to worry, it's best to not worry.
Thank you very much for the quick response.

Jul 11, 2022
it could be time to buy 2 case fans and if that doesnt help replace the thermal paste...
if you are weary, pay a shop to do it.

Otherwise just accept it or pull the side off your pc or just keep it going as is, which ultimately is fine.
tbh i'm broke as hell rn, i'll maybe try to change the thermal paste one day