Question My HDD Died Suddenly.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HaroldTheUnseen

Prominent
Sep 11, 2020
My HDD was perfect until yesterday. It was as fast as it can get. But yesterday windows login screen took too long to successfully do its thing. I upgraded my GPU yesterday, i used official AMD driver remover to remove the old driver in safe mode and installed my new geforce driver. I did a lot of benchmarks i dont know if it affects, i also did HDD speed benchmarks cause i used Userbenchmark a couple of times. I dont know what triggered this but my HDD is 1/3 slower now compared to 1 week before. I checked if i did any windows updates (i remember windows told me that there were a few windows updates but i was removing my driver then so i didnt care about that too much and started my system in safe mod anyway) but there were no major updates. I checked Defrag to see if my HDD is okay and Defrag stats were perfect. I downloaded Seagate Tools (i have seagate barracuda) and checked if something is wrong with my HDD. Did SMART scan, and some more HDD scans in that program. Nothing seems wrong. My HDD just passed all of tests, i really dont understand whats wrong. Im downloaded win10 2004 update and its installing now (which is taking forever) im kinda scared update wont be succesfull.