My HDD is crashing my PC

Trave160

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
This mostly happened when playing games, earlier I heard ticks coming from my HDD. I watched a YouTube video saying that it's the header that's doing and only way to fix it is to open and return it to it's state. I didn't get the tools and the time to open it so instead I removed it from my PC and tilt it downwards. That probably fix the issue, but my games were running somewhat slow or facing stutters, playing Division, Rainbow Six Siege and Battlefield 4 at high settings only. But what worried me where the hard crashes of my games. Everything turned into glitchy, artifact with weird colors on the screen, everything on my PC got stuck and at times I would hear the keeek noise or sound of the game before that goes away. I checked GPU testing with Unigine Valley and 3DMark Firestrike, nothing bad so far. Did Prime95 on CPU, still good. So I did HDTune read test and error scan. No disk error but something was off about the read test, this didn't make sense to me. Moving my PC, the ticks would comeback and I had to repeat the process. Using a Toshiba 64bit 2TB HDD 3.5inch

If this isn't the case, then it could be my GPU or more likely my PSU.

Imgur album link> http://

Solution
Do you really believe every stupid thing that can be found on youtube?
Do not ever open your hard drive, unless you want to kill it.

Weird colors and artifacts in game mean that your GPU is overheating or you have unstable overclock.

And about those screenshots ..
Interface CRC errors mean that there might be problem with temperatures in your system or bad sata data cable. Check temperatures, increase cooling if necessary and change sata cable.
Do you really believe every stupid thing that can be found on youtube?
Do not ever open your hard drive, unless you want to kill it.

Weird colors and artifacts in game mean that your GPU is overheating or you have unstable overclock.

And about those screenshots ..
Interface CRC errors mean that there might be problem with temperatures in your system or bad sata data cable. Check temperatures, increase cooling if necessary and change sata cable.

Solution