My HDD won't initialize/work.

Oct 16, 2018
So I've got a 3 TB hard drive that used to work but I partitioned it then it suddenly stopped. In My PC it doesn't show under drives but in disk management it says disk 1 - not initialized. I right click initialize click GPT it says the disk is to small (even though its 3TB) I click the other one (MPT or something similar) it says wrong function. I've turned on my PC and can feel the disk vibrating suggesting its spinning so it's working but I don't know how to fix it from here. Any help appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing the make and model of your PSU? How old is the unit? Just checking if it's able to deliver the power necessary for your drive. Also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Which OS are you on? How old is the HDD? Probable that the drive is actually dead.

Oct 16, 2018
@lutfij the PSU is EVGA - 600W 80+ Bronze, I don't know how old by I've had it 1 and a half years. I'm on windows 10 and I'm pretty sure I'm all up to date on the BIOS but I will double check. The HDD is Toshiba p300 3TB hard drive and I've had it 6 months it stopped working nearly straight away.