[SOLVED] My Hp Compaq 8100 elite SFF keeps on shutting down

Feb 21, 2020
It shuts down itself these days with a yellow light flashing sometimes and then shuts down with a beep.

I have 1050ti attached with 16 gb ram and i7 860 2.8ghz . these machines already came with power supply also.

Looking if anybody else got same problem or any kind of fix ?

Thnk u and play Six Seige

(stay home stay safe)

Solution
thanks for replying mate

So if i de-attach my Gpu will it be fine ? or if i go on buying a mid tower do i need a new motherboard and parts ?

what about buying a powerful power supply ? thanks

Well the way to find out if it will work is by actually doing it, or we are all just guessing.

You may be able to move your parts aside from the power supply into a tower case, as long as the motherboard is a standard size and shape, and has a standard power connector.

Yes you will need to buy a more powerful power supply to run your system with a gaming video card.
The weak, 240 W active PFC power supply probably failed from running at full power for extended periods of time. 1050ti needs a minimum 300 W, last time I checked.

You might consider working on getting an ATX Mid-Tower sized system that fits standard size parts.

Feb 21, 2020
The weak, 240 W active PFC power supply probably failed from running at full power for extended periods of time. 1050ti needs a minimum 300 W, last time I checked.

You might consider working on getting an ATX Mid-Tower sized system that fits standard size parts.

thanks for replying mate

So if i de-attach my Gpu will it be fine ? or if i go on buying a mid tower do i need a new motherboard and parts ?

thanks for replying mate

Well the way to find out if it will work is by actually doing it, or we are all just guessing.

You may be able to move your parts aside from the power supply into a tower case, as long as the motherboard is a standard size and shape, and has a standard power connector.

Yes you will need to buy a more powerful power supply to run your system with a gaming video card.

Solution