My HP computer suddenly won't boot because of my ATI video card.

Tomaso

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
I was playing an old video game on my PC and it suddenly experienced a graphic glitch and went to a black screen. It stopped detecting my monitor and when I tried to reboot it wouldn't boot up. I finally realized it was the card causing the boot problem by switching my monitor to the on board graphics. I thought at first it was just a bad card so I hooked up another that uses less power and the same problem. Help I can't figure this out. I have an HP pavilion Model #: HPE-470f using a radeon HD 7870.

Tomaso

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
That's what I thought at first but it's not that. I have two other perfectly good ones that I changed out and tested it with. 750w and a 1000w. still wouldn't boot with either card I tried. I'm thinking my motherboard might be the problem but everything else works fine when I use the on board graphics. I only have one slot the radeon HD 7870 and HD 5770 can fit in so maybe the slot is the problem. I think I just need to take it into a repair shop instead of doing it myself. I've tried everything else I can think of. I'm no tech guy but I know a little self taught stuff and I'm stumped now.