[SOLVED] My HP Pavilion 690-0024 Is Under Performing.

Jan 28, 2019
I've recently picked up a HP prebuilt gaming PC around christmas time because it was very cheap and it had great specs, with a ryzen 5 2400g, rx580 4gb, and 8gb of ram, but when I got it I noticed that it was underperforming, in csgo i was getting around 110 fps at 1080p at high settings, in siege I was getting around 90 at midium, and in resident evil 2, a game that I've been looking forward too, runs at around 40 fps at midium/high settings, can anyone try to help me with this?
:Edit realized this morning that 2 out of the 8 gigs of RAM is hardware reserved knocking it down to 6 gigs, it's 2666mhz and single channel if that helps.

Solution
OK.

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

Where did you get the RX-580 from? If you picked it up, used from EBay, it's possible you got a fake card.

If neither your processor or RAM are running at 100% and your temps are reasonable, and changing the resolution of your display has no effect on graphic card performance, that seems more likely the route of the issue.

-Wolf sends
Jan 28, 2019

Unfortunately no, all games i played were maxing the cpu at around 70% to 80% with temps in the 70's with the gpu at 100% almost all the time, i noticed that gpu usage goes down every now and then, the only game that maxed the cpu was siege, and we all know that game has cpu issues already,

Jan 28, 2019

I tried that with no luck.

Jan 28, 2019

Its most of the time not at 90% except in games like rust, that are extremely ram heavy.

Wolfshadw

Titan
OK.

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

Where did you get the RX-580 from? If you picked it up, used from EBay, it's possible you got a fake card.

If neither your processor or RAM are running at 100% and your temps are reasonable, and changing the resolution of your display has no effect on graphic card performance, that seems more likely the route of the issue.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jan 28, 2019

It's not a used card, like i said it was a hp prebuilt and i doubt they would just put a scuffed or fake card in their systems,
Also my Resident evil results were from the demo, now playing the actual game it seems like performance improved, i'm now getting 60 almost constantly and in the sewers i was getting in the low 100's