My HyperX Clouds 2 is always directional surround sound.

austinleewebb9

Prominent
Feb 24, 2018
Hello. My HyperX Clouds 2 are always in directional surround sound and I don't know how to fix it. I have tried looking into the playback settings and nothing seems to work.

To be clear on what I mean is that I am playing Skyrim SE right now and when I turn the camera away from someone speaking, the audio switches speakers in the headset. This is annoying because i like to play with one ear cup off to hear my surroundings.

Solution
Yes I had that problem for a while. For some reason, the first time I plugged in my Cloud II's in ANY device without the USB controller, I'd just hear one ear cup. Then suddenly one day it started working for some reason. I'd suggest restarting your PC, or if that doesn't work, I found someone's solution which might fix it:
1. Go to Device Management
2. Click Audio
3. Right click the Driver of where the Headset is using right now
4. Click Uninstall
5. After that , don't restart it yet
6. Just go to the Bottom Left were you can see the Sound Symbol
7. Right click and then press "Troubleshoot Sound Problem"
8.Once it's done, restart it now

If that doesn't work then I'm sorry to say but I'm completly lost. Try clicking the 7.1 on the USB...

austinleewebb9

Prominent
Feb 24, 2018
Could I use the the splitter with my 3.5 mm pass through on my black widow chroma v2? I mean plug the audio jack that runs from the KB to the motherboard into the splitter, then plug it in to the motherboard. I only ask because my PC is kind of far away.

austinleewebb9

Prominent
Feb 24, 2018
Sorry for the long wait. In the middle of doing this i accidentally unplugged my power to the PC, and my SSD died rip.So i had to spend a day reinstalling my OS, and getting all my files in order.

But I did try you suggestions, and with, and with out the splitter only one ear cup worked.

LaborinjoRt

Honorable
Dec 21, 2015
Yes I had that problem for a while. For some reason, the first time I plugged in my Cloud II's in ANY device without the USB controller, I'd just hear one ear cup. Then suddenly one day it started working for some reason. I'd suggest restarting your PC, or if that doesn't work, I found someone's solution which might fix it:
1. Go to Device Management
2. Click Audio
3. Right click the Driver of where the Headset is using right now
4. Click Uninstall
5. After that , don't restart it yet
6. Just go to the Bottom Left were you can see the Sound Symbol
7. Right click and then press "Troubleshoot Sound Problem"
8.Once it's done, restart it now

If that doesn't work then I'm sorry to say but I'm completly lost. Try clicking the 7.1 on the USB controller, but I'm not sure after that

Solution