[SOLVED] My i5 2400 is bottlenecking my gtx 1050ti

May 16, 2019
I've seen many people with the SAME CPU, GPU, and Ram which is 2x4 1333mhz and I'm seriously concerned about
me having bottlenecks in games like Team Fortress 2..

So My CPU (I5 2400) runs at 90-100% at like 70 degrees while my GPU (Gtx 1050ti) runs at 30-50% like... WHY?

I've seen youtube videos and they did not have bottlenecks while I do.

Can someone at least help.

Solution
Now that I notice it, I play the game at 1920x1080p.... and a lot of other games as well... Would changing to 720p stop or lower the bottleneck? And I do have an anti-virus which takes some %
Bottlenecks are application dependant, so what is your bottleneck in one game, may not be in another. So it's not a general fix.

Lowering resolution tends to increase CPU usage as the GPU can create more frames that the CPU then has to manage.

I'd check resource monitor for background loading apps. Also make sure you have all drivers and windows updates installed to prevent them from running in the background.
May 16, 2019
What resolution and quality settings are you playing at?
Have you got any other programs in the background taking up resource (check task manager or resource monitor).
Now that I notice it, I play the game at 1920x1080p.... and a lot of other games as well... Would changing to 720p stop or lower the bottleneck? And I do have an anti-virus which takes some %

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Bottlenecks are application dependant, so what is your bottleneck in one game, may not be in another. So it's not a general fix.

Lowering resolution tends to increase CPU usage as the GPU can create more frames that the CPU then has to manage.

I'd check resource monitor for background loading apps. Also make sure you have all drivers and windows updates installed to prevent them from running in the background.

Solution
May 16, 2019

I think I might do the DDU tool to delete the graphic drivers and then reinstall them and then try installing the latest windows updates, I can't install any i5 2400 drivers since there are none for windows 10 and basically in general.