Question My i9-10900k Just dropped 10c of overall tempreture overnight.

Oct 23, 2022
I know it sounds crazy but hear me out.

My 10900k started working 10c cooler than usual, both idle (dropped from 40-45 to 30-35) and while stress testing (dropped from 85ish to 75ish). It literally happened overnight. I didn't tweak anything or did nothing. Just booted up today and the temps got significantly lower.
I checked the bios and all the settings are still the same.
Any idea what's going on or what might have caused it?
I'm not complaining or anything :D , but i've never seen or heard about anything like that happening ever.

Ralston18

Titan
There may have been some automatic update. Some bug fix or other software update that cleared out some problem.

Check Reliability History, Event Viewer, and Update History for any recorded events.

Maybe a fan was a bit stuck or somehow impeded. Worked loose....

I would power down, unplug, and open the case.

Just to look things over.....

Oct 23, 2022
There may have been some automatic update. Some bug fix or other software update that cleared out some problem.

Check Reliability History, Event Viewer, and Update History for any recorded events.

Maybe a fan was a bit stuck or somehow impeded. Worked loose....

I would power down, unplug, and open the case.

Just to look things over.....
nothing out of ordinary in the logs either, just checked... The fans perphaps... But i do check my fans from time to time in bios...
Weird... anyways thanks for the advise

Nov 18, 2022
Did you left open the window? it is getting cold lately..

It also can be that you have it water cooled? I often find some kind of debris or stones that appear over time on the CPU block fins when the water is old. Maybe it repositioned or something and the water runs better now. Here it is one I opened not too long ago View: https://imgur.com/6MtjuaT

Maybe the pump is going faster, but since they are mostly silent you didn't notice.

Oct 23, 2022
Did you left open the window? it is getting cold lately..

It also can be that you have it water cooled? I often find some kind of debris or stones that appear over time on the CPU block fins when the water is old. Maybe it repositioned or something and the water runs better now. Here it is one I opened not too long ago View: https://imgur.com/6MtjuaT

Maybe the pump is going faster, but since they are mostly silent you didn't notice.
nope, neither of those.
Air cooling it, with Noctua NH-D15 :) I have 0 clue how could that happen really.