[SOLVED] My intel cpu fan leg's are broken

Body Sheded

Commendable
Jun 10, 2019
The fan legs' from the bottom aren't able to install itself on the motherboard properly only 2 legs was able to get fixed to the board normally the rest are going up and down and enter through all the holes but can't get installed right is it okay if I run my i7 3770 like this? just until I manage to buy a new one

And I don't have any thermal paste and even if I get one it would be a very bad one is it safe not to put thermal paste?

I'm not doing any gaming right now just browsing & simple web developing.

That's the fan

This is how it looks like when I install it

Solution
If it was my machine, I would wait until I have a proper thermal solution in place to do anything with it.

Others may have a different opinion of it, but I certainly won't urge you to go ahead and run it under those conditions.

It might be OK, and it might not be OK. If you want to risk it, that is going to be your call, alone.
If it was my machine, I would wait until I have a proper thermal solution in place to do anything with it.

Others may have a different opinion of it, but I certainly won't urge you to go ahead and run it under those conditions.

It might be OK, and it might not be OK. If you want to risk it, that is going to be your call, alone.

Reactions: Body Sheded
Solution