[SOLVED] My Internal HDD makes a weird sound then restarts again

Dec 28, 2021
Its been happening alot to me. My HDD makes a weird sound then disconnects and connects again, I use this HDD to store almost everything other than the OS. I changed the SATA cable and its still happening, what do I do?

Edit: I used the other ports of the motherboard and it still does this.

Solution
Backing up your data is step 1 on any discussion. Once you've done that, we can talk.

What kind of sound is it making? Is it spinning up, winding down? Or a clicking noise? Or small spin then clicking noise? If it's winding up or down and disconnects, could be port/cables that aren't fully in. If it's making a clicking noise, depending on the manufacturer, you got days or months. Instant warranty in this case.

DemonicSky

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
Backing up your data is step 1 on any discussion. Once you've done that, we can talk.

What kind of sound is it making? Is it spinning up, winding down? Or a clicking noise? Or small spin then clicking noise? If it's winding up or down and disconnects, could be port/cables that aren't fully in. If it's making a clicking noise, depending on the manufacturer, you got days or months. Instant warranty in this case.

Solution
Dec 28, 2021

It makes a tick sound then spins up again