My internet keeps disconnecting every few minutes

Feb 3, 2019
Hello, after a long time dealing with this problem (over a year now), I've decided to seek help here, as none of my ISP have been able to help me with it. First of all, I'm sorry if my words aren't precise, my first language isn't english and I'm by no means an expert with computers. I'll give any possible detail that might help locate the source of the problem.

The issue goes as follows: while my Internet works great most of the time, sometimes it has a disconnect streak (it stops working for a few seconds to minutes, then starts working again for a few minutes before disconnecting again). This streak can last between a few minutes to weeks. When it happens, sometimes I can hear my friends over Discord but they can't hear me and I'm unable to disconnect from Discord, move in games or browse the Internet, so for some reason it only affects my upload sometimes. This obviously makes playing, browsing or just talking with my friends a very uncomfortable experience. Also, I'm connected over cable, and the problem is felt over all my home devices, both on cable or WiFi.

It started when I had my previous ISP. After a lot of calls to them, they were unable to locate the issue, as none of the router tweaks they did, the technician they sent to my house or the 3 different routers could solve the problem. I then switched my ISP but the problem is still there, even with the brand new router and ONT they installed. All of this leads me to believe the problem may lie between the router and my ISP.

I'll be happy to fill with any details that could be of help, just ask. Thanks a lot in beforehand.

Feb 3, 2019
We are 4 living in the house, each with their phone connected but they just use it to chat. My brother also plays and downloads stuff sometimes. We have 300/50 Mb speed. It also has happened with no one besides me using the Internet. I have also checked the router settings a lot of times to check if some stranger had connected but all devices were from home.