Question My internet speed is drastically slower on one pc compared to my other

EricLindberg

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2016
I like to stream to twitch every now and then and noticed I was dropping nearly 20% of my frames due to my network connection. I ran a quick speed test and found my download speed and upload speeds are drastically slower on my gaming pc that I built compared to another pc I have built. Both computers run off ethernet and I've already tried swapping cables and ports. I've tried resetting my network adapters in command prompt, making sure drivers are all updated and I've tried unplugging the ethernet cable to see what my wifi speed test looked like and it gave me very similar results. My main PC is only getting 2.95mbps download and 14.1mbps upload. My second PC is getting well over 400 download and 40-50 upload. In control panel under ethernet status the speed says: 1.0Gbps so it shouldn't be restricted. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

PC Specs:
Intel Core i9-10850K 3.6 GHz 10-Core Processor

kanewolf

Titan
I like to stream to twitch every now and then and noticed I was dropping nearly 20% of my frames due to my network connection. I ran a quick speed test and found my download speed and upload speeds are drastically slower on my gaming pc that I built compared to another pc I have built. Both computers run off ethernet and I've already tried swapping cables and ports. I've tried resetting my network adapters in command prompt, making sure drivers are all updated and I've tried unplugging the ethernet cable to see what my wifi speed test looked like and it gave me very similar results. My main PC is only getting 2.95mbps download and 14.1mbps upload. My second PC is getting well over 400 download and 40-50 upload. In control panel under ethernet status the speed says: 1.0Gbps so it shouldn't be restricted. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

PC Specs:
Do you have any "network optimization" software loaded. Asus ROG software for example?

TRENDING THREADS