[SOLVED] My internet speed suddenly drop in game for past couple days

Apr 18, 2020
Hello guys, I recently been having issues where I can't even get epic games launcher to really open up, and let alone fortnite to load, same thing as cod warzone and some other games. It just suddenly happened. Some websites don't load properly as well like gmail, anyone got any idea/fix to why this is happening? Would appreciate it very much

Solution
Try restarting your computer, unplug your wifi router for at least 5 minutes then plug it back in, make sure your not using up 100% of your storage, go to Activity Center (Windows Key + A) and turn off "Location". Hope this helps.
Apr 18, 2020
Hello guys, I recently been having issues where I can't even get epic games launcher to really open up, and let alone fortnite to load, same thing as cod warzone and some other games. It just suddenly happened. Some websites don't load properly as well like gmail, anyone got any idea/fix to why this is happening? Would appreciate it very much

boju

Titan
Ambassador
As above, explain your entire setup. How pc is connected (wireless or cable) and is your phone using the same network to access internet.

Very rare that the computer is at fault but rather inbetween it and router, ie cable quality or wireless interference.

Apr 18, 2020
I just tested my internet speed there, it seemed pretty normal and fast. Result is below. My laptop is connected to the 5G of the Wifi, and it has always been, so is my phone. It seemed out of nowhere for me playing Cod Warzone casually and download speed is usually at 25 mb/s now at about 12mb/s, and not being able to find matches for over 15 minutes, or let alone some app even connect to the internet and actually having a connection faster than a turtle. I been connecting to this same network with same laptop for months, I also tried reseting router today, doesn't really seem to help at all. And yes there are password on my wifi. It is mostly just me all the time, and some people in my family here and there but never been like this.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/9302315302

Apr 18, 2020
I have the same problem, 2 days ago I started my PC and the internet was just unbearably slow compared to what I'm used to. Speed tests suggest that my internet is fine, and on other devices, the internet works just fine too. But I'm unable to play games because my ping is too high and even youtube/google struggles to load fast.

And the thing that's weird is that I'm directly linked to the router via an ethernet cable. I tried both, wifi or ethernet, its the same. Also restarted router and PC multiple times. (Also tried my 4G hotspot which usually works perfectly fine but it was even worse)

Another thing I noticed is that my ping goes up and down randomly, it'll be 30 for 10 seconds, then jump back to 400 for a few seconds, then to 3000 for a few seconds and repeat randomly.

What's even weirder is that when I try to download a game on steam for example, it downloads really fast, but when I hop in a game, the ping fluctuates and is almost unplayable.

So I think something is really wrong with my PC itself, something changed and I have no clue what changed.

(Now that I think about it, it might have started after the day after I installed Valorant. Might have nothing to do with it tho.)

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020
Yes, it is really weird situation, I don’t know what seem to be going on, but my internet seem to get a little bit better now, at least I can load into Fortnite, some site won’t even want to load properly let alone YouTube videos, everything fine on my other device same as you. But it seem to get a little bit better now. Must be something going on with the pc. At first I thought it was the problem with ipv6 no internet access but then I realise my router don’t even have that yet so that’s not the problem.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Try restarting your computer, unplug your wifi router for at least 5 minutes then plug it back in, make sure your not using up 100% of your storage, go to Activity Center (Windows Key + A) and turn off "Location". Hope this helps.

Solution

Kevinoli2005k

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
guys to put it simply its quarantine

since everyone is home and on the internet ISPs are struggling to mentain a satisfactory internet speed for all clients

and since some of us are experiencing this stuff I doubt it's single client-related