My keyboard and mouse problem.

iivon3n

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Hello fellow people. I am having this odd issue with Windows 7. i just installed it today, and my mouse and keyboard seem to be having this issue : Mouse is very laggy and updates about 24hz. keyboard works fine except volume/ windows lock keys. i cant check their drivers, because the manager from Control Panel does not show that i have plugged them in. however, they still work and the mouse rgb shines. i cant install mouse drivers because the steelseries software does not find my mouse. My mouse is Steelseries rival 300 and my Keyboard is Corsair Vengeance K65 (non- RGB).
Help me please.
i appreciate your answers.

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

Try disconnecting them, turning the PC off then reconnecting them and turning it back on this should make sure they are detected by the system. Also if the mouse is seems to be "laggy" it may be the settings of the mouse cursor e.g. cursor speed may be set low.

iivon3n

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

well, the system still doesnt detect them. also, i tried to play counter-strike, but it was impossible because of the keypress+mouse clicking lag. ive moust had something like 15fps. not really good. thanks for trying tho.

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

What components do you have, it may not be a problem with the mouse/keyboard but actually that the system is not very powerful. FPS has nothing to do with mouse+keyboard.

iivon3n

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

http://
my component list is here. i highly doubt thats the issue, as they are all from this year. I must be really unfortunate. thanks for trying.