Question My kid accidentally deleted the partition and formatted the drive!

Dec 1, 2019
What should i do to recover my file, cause the 1tb data is essential for my company. I tried with easeus data recovery but the file got 0 bytes, is there any solution?
If my boss know the data is gone then it is the end of my career ಥ‿ಥ

Can you show screenshot from Disk Management? Drive in question - is it mechanical or SSD ?

BTW - formatting doesn't doesn't delete anything. It overwrites file allocation table so file system appears as if it is not containing anything. But with right recovery tools it can still be recovered.

But anyway - allowing a kid to play with company pc give him administrative priviledges and use partition management tools. Well ... irresponsible at least. I'd say crazy. :)

Dec 1, 2019
Can you show screenshot from Disk Management? Drive in question - is it mechanical or SSD ?

BTW - formatting doesn't doesn't delete anything. It overwrites file allocation table so file system appears as if it is not containing anything. But with right recovery tools it can still be recovered.

But anyway - allowing a kid to play with company pc give him administrative priviledges and use partition management tools. Well ... irresponsible at least. I'd say crazy. :)
So after the argument between my kid i letting him to use my pc, well short story he says he want edit his videos, and i don't even know if my kid is being honest.
Well there's responsible of me for that. So i just didn't think at moment to change the admin privileges.

It is from hdd though, well I'm going to checking online solution for my problem , so i will combeback here if there's any progress. TY.

Last edited:

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
If your job is on the line, stop DIY, shutdown, take computer to Data Recovery person today, pay that person to recover partition and that file. Usually, the more DIY, the more expensive the DR work. Gave DR person details - partition and file name.
Going forward, only you on the work pc, and you must begin and maintain backup of work folders and file onto external media.