Question My Lan Controller disappears every time I shutdown the PC or put in sleep mode.

herohk0425

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
I have encounter a weird issue after I upgraded some components regarding to my pc. The Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller in Device Manager will disappear every time when I shutdown the pc or go into sleep mode. I have to go into BIOS to disable the Onboard Lan Controller. Save and Exit. Then do it again to enable it. Save and exit. My pc can only connect to the internet this way. It is very annoying. My motherboard is MSI B450m Mortar Max.

I tried different methods to fix it. Updated BIOS. No luck. Did a several time reinstalling different version of Windows 10. No luck. Tried different driver version of Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller. Still no luck. The Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller just cannot be found in Device Manager, unless I select show hidden device. I have no idea how to fix it. Please help!

Edit:
Old rig:
Cpu: amd 1055t
Motherboard: Asus m5a 78l-m lx v2
Msi Armor GTX 1070
Kingston 16GB ram (8GBx2)
Antec 520w
2 ssd 2 HDD( Sata)

Now:
AMD Ryzen5 3600
MSI B450M MORTAR MAX
Adata XPG Gammix D10 DDR4-3200MHz CL16 2x16GB 32GB Kit

Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (1809), BIOS VER:V23

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and current Windows 10 version.

What components were upgraded?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings , and even informational events regarding the network adapter.

Try running the built-in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

"WIN" + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" via the command prompt.

herohk0425

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and current Windows 10 version.

What components were upgraded?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings , and even informational events regarding the network adapter.

Try running the built-in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

"WIN" + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" via the command prompt.
Updated my pc setup and windows version. Everything is fine now because I have done the "BIOS way" to temporarily fix the issue. But after shutdown, it will appear again.